Yesterday was Sunday. The day for church and afternoon naps …. oh, wait. Naps are for my Husband and the Kidlets.
This Mama? She spends her afternoon at the grocery store and in the kitchen, prepping make ahead meals and packing school lunches (yes, ahead of time).
And — first and foremost — washing produce.
That dirt and grime? The aftermath of washing grapes, apples, and a cucumber. Absolutely vile, isn’t it? THAT’S why I take the time to wash our produce before it ever even gets put away. Ugh….
Now that I have a week relatively free from worrying about making breakfast, lunches and (most of) our evening meals, it’s time to turn my attention to the chaos knows as The Kid Rooms. Those bedrooms need exorcized … to be released from the TOYS!!!!!
Oy. I think I’ve reached that grumpy stage of life when you despise all toys, books, and building blocks. My feet especially hate the building blocks, which seem to reside in the floor. Right in my pathway. In the middle of the night. When I’m barefoot.
I hate toys.
p.s. If you were wondering about the Black Bean and Beef Burritos I mentioned in last week’s meal plan, that recipe is going to get posted this week — look for it Thursday!
What We’re Eating This Week
note: recipes with an asterisk indicate items that were prepped (entirely or in part) on Sunday
- Monday: Chicken Pot Pie* (using leftover Creamy Thyme Chicken as the base), Salad
- Tuesday: Taco Soup*, Cornbread
- Wednesday: Church Dinner
- Thursday: Pizza Night, Salad
- Friday: Leftovers
- Saturday: Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli*, Brown Rice
- Sunday: leftovers
- Quinoa Breakfast Bars*
- DIY Oatmeal Packets* (apple-cinnamon)
- Freezer Cinnamon Rolls*
- Fruit Smoothies*
- Honey-Glazed Chickpeas
- Popcorn & Trail Mix*
- Apples* & Peanut Butter
(lunches for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were assembled on Sunday (excluding the pretzels); remaining lunches will be prepped Wednesday night)
- Monday: Turkey Rolls, Cheese, Pretzels, Peppers and Carrots, Applesauce
- Tuesday: Nitrate-free Hot Dog, Carrot and Pepper Sticks, Pretzels, Orange Slices, Yogurt
- Wednesday (Johnny Appleseed Day) : Nut Butter Sandwiches, Apple Slices, Cucumber and carrot slices, Baby Bel Cheese, Pretzels
- Thursday: Thermos Day – Taco Soup, side of Corn Chips and Cheddar Cheese, Grapes
- Friday: Breakfast for Lunch – Pancake-Muffins with bacon, Fruit, Tomatoes & Peppers with Ranch
[exceptional-citing quoted=”rachel” template=”bubble-gray” date=”” ]What do YOU like to do to prepare for a new week?[/exceptional-citing]