It. Is. Here.
Summer-time… But with three Kidlets, the livin’ “ain’t” easy.
Already, we have flown here and there and everywhere (twice), and the family calendar is ever so quickly filling up with day camps, library programs … And somewhere in the mix, I need to plan THREE birthday parties for the Kidlets.
Like last year, the Kidlets (the older two, at least) are working on compiling our Summer Fun List; the Little Lady is especially eager, throwing out numerous trips to the beach and lots of tea parties and Popsicles as her contributions to our summer list of “goals.”
Looking at our calendar and the activity/craft filled Summer Fun List, I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a wee bit anxious instead of relaxed about out this whole “summer” thing.
WHICH … is WHY I decided to make one. more. list.
(I know … I seriously have a problem with list making)
This list is different. It is Mommy’s List. . . . My way of slowing my mind down and reminding myself that I am NOT “unimportant” simply because I wear a Mommy-Cape.
Just a list of things I want to do and remember over the next few busy and hot weeks.
It’s all about maintaining sanity, folks.
Summer Goals for Mommy
- Meditate on scripture daily.
- Learn to make Iced Chai Tea Lattes and Iced Coffees.
- Strength-train each day.
- Do something, daily, to get the ol’ heart pumping.
- Take a picture of my children… Daily.
- Buy a pair of shorts. (yeah, I am normally averse to showing off my pasty-white legs, but Houston I hot, yo!)
- “Bake Outside The Box” by learning to make cupcakes/cakes from scratch.
- Eat Ba Minh.
- Spend at least thirty minutes alone each week … Not grocery shopping or working, but “fun” alone time to recharge. Pedicures, anyone?
- Plant a few flowers … And enjoy them.
- Smile at the Husband more than once a day.
- Kiss the Husband more than once a day.
- Smile at myself daily.
What about you?
Disclosure: I am a paid Community Leader for the Savvy Living Community.