The Exercise Front
Well, I exercised this week.
It was a week of intervals — I still SUCK at these things.
Wait, what are intervals, you ask? Nothing but pure, unadulterated torture on a treadmill. 35 minutes of it. 3 minutes of jogging, followed by 1 minute of RUNNING on an incline. Repeat and repeat and repeat.
There’s never a dull moment or a chance to catch your breath.
(Unless your kiddos wake up from their nap, in which case you frantically push the “Pause” button, hang on to the sidebars and gasp for sweet oxygen. If it weren’t for the shrieks and yells of kiddos who want out of their beds, you would collapse into one giant, sweaty puddle. Seriously, people . . . you would)
So, why do I suck? Because I still can’t do a full, complete interval (at least, not every day) without taking one little “walking break.” Am I supposed to slow down and walk on the treadmill? No. Do I do it anyway? Yes. Dear, God — YES!
But, I keep trying.
The other form of exercise this week came from Tracey Mallet’s, Lose the Belly Flab DVD. I really like this one — it’s slower paced but INTENSE! She uses a combination of Pilates and Yoga to focus on your abs (upper and lower), glutes, and thighs. It is AWESOME.
Even after doing this video a few times a week over the past month or so, I still sweat and struggle through the moves and still don’t have the coordination/balance to keep from falling on my face. Yes, it’s happened. This past week.
Oh, well. Maybe I’ll stay up for the duration this next week.
The Food Front
Um. . . yeah. Some days were good and some were not. And, both times it was a result of choices I made. No one else to blame but me.
Thursday, I wanted a slice of cheesecake, so I shared one with Hubby. (sigh)
Friday, we went out for Thai food. And, I ate more than one portion. (sigh)
Gotta work on not giving in to cravings.
The Weight Front
Despite the cheesecake and Thai food, I lost the 2 lbs I’d gained last week. Score! Back down to 200 (total weight loss since January = 20lbs)
Goals for the Next Week
- Keep up with the intervals; all of the Mamavation gurus have assured me that intervals will get the weight off.
- Keep up with Core Work-outs. I have GOT to lose the little bit of baby pudge I still have.
- Introduce a walking regimen — I was given a couple of walking kits to try from Leslie Sancone (the woman behind Walk at Home).
- Get back to following a set meal-plan:
- I did NOT meal-plan this past week, even though I KNOW that I HAVE to plan in order to stay on track. Here’s the FULL meal plan we’ll be following this week.
- I’ll also be using Flat Out wraps from Flat out Bread. I LOVE these wraps; I started using them during my Mamavation boot camp. They are so good — even Hubby LOVES them. I use them for regular wraps and PIZZA. Seriously, I made the best Margherita pizza about two weeks ago. YUM — that’s definitely going on the meal plan!
- Get a pedicure so y’all aren’t subjected to my crazy feet again!
Before I Leave
I’d like to thank everyone who left comments on my “Before and After Pic” post on Mamavation. It was so incredibly encouraging to see your reactions to my after pictures. THANK YOU!!!!
And . . . congrats CJ for being Sista’ of the WEEK! You definitely deserve this, girl!
AND . . . don’t forget to join us for Mamavation TV, Monday night at 9pm central.
AND . . . thank you Flat Out Bread for sponsoring our Mamavation Blog Carnival this week; you guys have been so supportive of Mamavation and I LOVE IT!