I think it is well known that I love food. A lot. I love smelling it, looking at it, photographing it, and — of COURSE — eating it. And, even though I have eaten a lot of different exotic dishes and good ol’ sould food recipes in my thirty-some years, I still have “My List.”
And since I’m trying to streamline my posting these days and create weekly themes, I’ve decided to share five of the items on my list. If I had to sit down and type every. single. gastonomic. thing. I want to experience, we’d be here for years. Yeah, even *I* have better things to do.
Friday Five: Five Items on My Foodie’s Bucket List
All of those recipes I want to try, restaurants and festivals I want to visit, and ingredients I want to put in my mouth.
(1) Bahn Mi — I have been obsessed with this since seeing my first crusty bread sandwich photo on Pinterest. It was mouth-watering: simple pork, french bread, crisp veggies …. and I must have it.
(2) Mississippi Catfish — my youngest sister, who married a Mississippi native, swears that the best catfish to be had is in Mississippi. If I can ever make my way to the Mississippi Gulf Coast, I am going to have me some catfish. Golden and Crispy. With lots of ketchup on the side (yes, I’m still 5 years old at heart).
(3) A Top Chef’s Restaurant — I don’t care whose restaurant I visit, I want to eat at a “Cheftestant’s” establishment. I’ve already met one — FABIO! — but I need to eat their food. Yes, I’m that obsessed and own two (2!) Top Chef cookbooks.
(4) Attend a Food Festival — again, I’m not picky. It could be the Aspen Food & Wine Festival or, if I take that vacation in Mississippi with my sister, the annual Chefs of the Coast foodie weekend. As long as there is great food and a chance for me to make memories with my family, I’ll be there.
(5) Pumpkin Bread Pudding — do I really need to say more? I adore pumpkin. I lurrrrrve bread pudding. I want to make those two flavors come together. Soon. I think I’ll make it happen this weekend.
What about you? What’s on your Foodie Bucket List?
disclosure: this is a sponsored post but full of tasty truth and reflective of my own opinions and tastebuds. This mama doesn’t exaggerate or lie when it comes to food!