These days, the things that promote my tears to flow are really, really, REALLY ridiculous.
1) Any baby birth story, adoption story, or any show about either topic.
2) The reveal on each episode of “What Not to Wear.” (seriously)
3) The HGTV commercial where the Daddy dresses up to attend his little girl’s tea party.
4) The “Best in Show” announcement at the Westminister Dog Show. (Yeah — I cried, and I’m not even a dog person)
5) Every episode of Vern Yip’s “Deserving Design.”
6) Gone with the Wind (a movie that has NEVER prompted tears now makes me wail)
7) Any cooking mistakes in the kitchen — yes, I cry now when my oatmeal boils over.
8) Hubby making fun of me for crying . . .but, to be honest, those are angry tears.
That’s right, my “sweet” husband believes that it is perfectly acceptable to make fun of a weeping woman. It doesn’t matter that I fire off angry retorts or send soul piercing thunderbolts from my furious eyes. Nope — the BOY thinks it is ok to laugh.
Yesterday, he momentarily fooled me, agreeing with how sweet a commercial was. I was touched, falsely thinking that my husband had a heart and understood the reason for the river of tears pouring down my cheeks.
Then, as I looked over at him, I realized he had turned his face away and his body was shaking with laughter.
I threw something at him. Can’t remember what it was but I know that it was definitely NOT heavy enough!