If you have “fanned” my Facebook Page, you may have seen a status update a few weeks ago, sharing the news that I would be focusing on Tex-Mex recipes in April. Well, NOW that Easter is finished (sniff, goodbye, chocolate bunnies), it is time to start gathering Cinco de Mayo recipes!
Living in Houston, we have access to some of the best restaurants, best ethnic cafes, and best street food. I PROMISE you can’t get this kind of flavor anywhere else.
Since marrying a Texas boy, I’ve spent several years perfecting our favorite restaurant and street-food dishes, working and tweaking to recreate these recipes in my own kitchen. And, every Tuesday night, we have Tex-Mex Night at our house, where we get to eat our favorite tacos, Spanish Rice, and other Tex-Mex recipes.
During the next few weeks, I am going to be sharing our family’s favorite recipes. Want a sneak peak at my line-up?
- The Best Taco Seasoning (using spices that are a staple in any Texas home-cook’s pantry)
- Restaurant-Style Spanish Rice (the Kidlet’s absolute favorite)
- Grilled Street Tacos (easy, light, and great for summer)
- Slow-Cooker “Refried” Black Beans (healthier version of a restarutant staple)
- Chile con Carne y Arroz (Perfectly Spicy Meat Chili and Rice)
- Tres Leches Trifle (this dessert is seriously swoon-worthy)
Starting tomorrow, every Tuesday I will share one of my recipes and host a linky, so you (and others) can link up your own favorite Tex-Mex inspired dishes. Lori, a fellow Houston blogger at My Kinda Rain, is my co-host and will also be sharing family-favorite Tex-Mex meals.
So, get ready to put on your virtual cowboy hat and brush off your Jr. High Spanish class skills. It’s nearly time for some good eats…. Tex-Mex style!