Have you seen the commecials on TV? Glanced at the signs all over the grocery store?
Primo Picks are here, H-E-B shoppers! And, these finds are giving me even more reasons to love this grocery store.
Primo Picks are unique, tasty and cool products you may never have heard of or tried before. We’ve searched the world to bring you these one-of-a-kind products. Look for Primo Picks shelf tags in store. Some supplies limited, so get them while we got them!
Basically, we’re talking fun food stuff, fun make-up, and fun kitchen ware, folks. What have been our favorites so far?
- AMAZING imported Corsini Cantuccini (a biscotti-like cookie so unbelievably good that I may (or may not) have made a special trip to my grocery store *just* to purchase additional boxes of the candied orange version).
- H-E-B Ice Cream featuring Texas-grown strawberries from our strawberry capital, Poteet, TX.
- $3 bottles of wine. Yeah, you read that right — VERY inexpensive wines that are not only “drinkable,” they’re good! Perfect for an inexpensive date night or for freezing individual portions for future recipes.
- “That Green Sauce” (as it is officially known) is a hot — HOT — sauce made of pureed jalapenos and poblano peppers. We love it added to our guacamole for a “clear-out-your-sinuses” kick.
- Artisanal pastas and family-recipe sauces from Brooklyn and New York City — the kidlets loved the soft and fresh texture of Rao’s Linguine.
- Ancient whole grains — we loved the nutty Farro, an Italian wheat-like grain; perfect for a hot breakfast or as an higher-protein option to brown rice!
There are currently 48 different items on the Primo Picks list: specialty cheeses, Houston brewed beers, bare Minerals make-up, fresh-cut flowers and so much more.
Not everything is as cheap as a $3 bottle of wine, but they are all fun … unique … and (when it comes to the food items) downright tasty.
Oh — and did I mention there are imported French Truffles?
Mama likes chocolate… especially truffles.
Look for the signs and labels in your Houston and San Antonio area H-E-B stores, highlighting the new Primo Picks! And then … try something new!
Disclosure: I was sent samples of different food and beauty items from the Primo Picks. Any opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own.