Later this week, my sister (who is now just 10 weeks from giving birth to her first child . . . YAY) and her husband will spend many, many, MANY hours in a car. JUST to come visit ME.
Eh, who am I kidding? They’re really coming to see the Little Lady and Mr. Boy.
Even though they aren’t coming to really spend time with me, I’m going to cook for them like they are. Oh, heavenly days — I can’t WAIT for Thursday night. It’s going to be a smorgasbord of “Foods Rachel Has Been Craving.”
(luckily for my family, it is all food they enjoy too)
What I COULD pass on is all the cleaning I need to do this week; our guest room is nothing short of a disaster zone as I’ve been using it to store baby stuff and the kidlets outgrown clothing. I hate, loathe, despise, and abominate cleaning.
Because my time will be spent doing all that dirty work the first part of this week, I’d rather NOT do a lot of cooking too. It’s time to utilize some of the foods I’ve been freezing lately and some easy crock-pot recipes! Woo hoo for little to no time in the kitchen . . . and minimal grocery shopping!
What We Be Eatin’ This Week
- Monday: Crock-Pot Roasted Chicken with carrots and asparagus (a hold over from last week)
- Tuesday: Turkey Tacos and Spanish Rice (the rice is leftover from last week and GOOD — I froze the remainder and have plenty for this week’s meal)
- Wednesday: Crock-pot Brown Beans with Hearty Kale and Sausage Soup (the soup was made and frozen last week; it was good but REALLY spicy, so I’m going to make plain pinto beans and add half of them in to tone down the soup a bit. The remaining half of cooked beans will be frozen for a later meal. . . yup, you can freeze cooked beans!)
- Thursday: Grilled Gulf Shrimp, Grilled Blue Cheese Burgers, Grilled Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Peppers, Grilled Asparagus, salad and homemade vinaigrette. (I told you — a smorgasbord of everything I craved this past week)
- Friday: Rosemary-Garlic Pot Roast*, Mashed Potatoes with mushroom gravy
- Saturday: Steamed Asian Wonton Dumplings (I made a huge batch of these last week and will be using some of the ones I froze for an easy dinner), Asian Green Bean Stir-Fry
- Sunday: leftovers for lunch . . . dinner with our Church Small Group!
Do you freeze leftovers? What’s your favorite way to use leftovers for an easy meal?