I don’t know who these taste buds belong to but the owner likes cilantro, fried catfish, potato salad, pepsi, pineapple, and root beer.
All things that my non-pregnant self HATES.
Do you know how unbelievably weird it is to crave a flavor or food that you have never in your life wanted?
I hate, loathe, despise and abominate cilantro. (Which makes living in Texas a little sad because it’s in EVERYTHING down here) I think cilantro smells musty and tastes like arm-pit sweat. NOT that I know what arm-pit sweat tastes like . . . I’m just imagining that it tastes like cilantro.
But this other woman’s taste buds think cilantro ROCKS. I had it allllllll over my chicken, mango, and Chipotle Quinoa a few weeks ago . . . I was drowning in that green stuff. And. I. LOVED. It.
Sigh . . . I feel like I don’t know myself anymore.
This weird situation is certainly making my weekly menu-plan a bit . . . ahem . . . interesting, as I fill it with foods I wouldn’t normally choose to eat.
This week, the odd food added is Italian Sausage; I am not a fan of that meat when I’m not pregnant. I never order it, never buy it, never eat it.
But, I’ve eaten it 4 different times in the past two months . . . and even ORDERED an Italian Sausage pizza. And — we’re having it tonight in (what I think has to be) the yummiest sounding soup EVAH.
Menu Plan for March 14 – 20
- Tuesday – Sloppy Joe Sandwiches (using the ground turkey I “batch cooked” last week in my crockpot; holy cow, what a time saver! I will never NOT batch cook ground meat again.), Potato Salad
- Wednesday – Slow-Cooker Rotisserie Style Chicken, Asparagus (I’ve made this chicken recipe before and it’s GOOD)
- Thursday – Ground Turkey Slow-Cooker Meatballs and Spaghetti (this is the freeze-ahead meal I’m trying out this week)
- Friday – HOUSTON RODEO TIME!!! Mmmm . . . roasted turkey legs and deep-fried twinkies. My once a year splurge.
- Saturday – Rockin’ Tacos* (again, using my pre-cooked ground turkey!), Refried Beans and Spanish Rice*
- Sunday – Dinner with our Church Small Group
p.s. This other woman and her taste buds do NOT like coffee, chocolate, or bacon. She’s just cruel like that.
p.s. again: I linked up today with OrgJunkie . . . she hosts Meal Plan Monday; there are nearly 200 participants right now . . head over for inspiration!