Well, technically, it came and went … about 15 hours ago. I’m a wee bit behind today.
Regardless, August 25th marked the return to the classroom for the state of Texas — and our Little Lady joined the throng of little feet that crossed streets and school parking lots, waving excitedly at classmates.
Since I love a good tradition, we had our annual Back-To-School Breakfast this morning; now, I know it’s not everyone’s “thing,” but I love celebrating occasions through food. And going to school? Well, that just screams for a special breakfast!
Nothing major — just the Little Lady’s favorite new muffins: Grain-Free Lemon-Blueberry Muffins. Sooooo good!
To cope with the stress of being back in the scheduled school life, I’ve gone back to planning every. single. meal. … and, I’ve gone back to spending some time each week stocking the freezer. Can’t beat having breakfast, lunch, and dinner ready to go in minutes!
(P.S. Simply because I know there will be a question about my banana hooks; the Husband put those in for me a little over a year ago. They are metal backpack wall hooks (he found them at Lowe’s). He simply screwed them into the underside of the cabinet, and — voila — I have my bananas off the counter!!! They are heavy duty hooks — I can hang 4 bunches of bananas on those things!)
What We’re Eating This Week
- Monday — Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Pico, Grilled Zucchini & Squash
- Tuesday — Grain-free Pizza (it’s Mr. Boy’s birthday and his request is pizza!)
- Wednesday — Paleo Pancakes, Bacon and Fruit (these pancakes, from the Spunky Coconut, are AMAZING — I tried this weekend in for a freezer stash and I nearly didn’t have enough for the freezer …. we all kept sneaking bites!)
- Thursday — Game Day Food as we celebrate the start of Aggie Football!! Slow-Cooker Asian Sausage Bites, Roasted Cauliflower Hummus and Veggies
- Friday — DIY Salad Bar
- Saturday — Moroccan Ragout with Poached Eggs
- Sunday — Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken and any leftover veggies from the week
- Monday: Grain-Free Pancake Cream Cheese & Peaches Sandwiches (inspired by a sandwich recipe in the cookbook, Best Homemade Kids’ Lunches on the Planet); Cucumbers & Ranch, Grapes
- Tuesday: Cheese and Salami, Homemade Almond Crackers, Fruit, Cucumbers/Tomatoes
- Wednesday: Mini Pizza Quiche, Homemade Marinara, Sliced Cucumbers, Grapes
- Thursday: Salsa Chicken Quesadillas (from leftover Chicken Tacos and egg crepes); Guac and Sour Cream, Cucumbers, Fruit
- Friday: Paleo Egg Salad, Lettuce cups, Tomatoes & Cucumbers, Grapes
- Monday — Lemon-Blueberry Paleo Muffins
- Tuesday — Freezer Smoothies
- Wednesday — Blender Muffins (I adapt this recipe, from Running with Spoons, to be grain-free)
- Thursday — Yogurt and Fruit
- Friday — Eggs and Bacon
- Avocado Chocolate Pudding
- Carrots and Guacamole
Need more lunch ideas for the new school year? Check out my Paleo/Primal Lunch Idea List … lots of ideas, recipes and a printable list!