Mommy is an idiot, especially given the fact that Mommy, in a former life, was an English teacher.
(1) All summer long, the Little Lady and I have been cooped up in the house. No play-dates, no outings other than OB appointments, and no swimming pool events (thanks to the Little Lady’s surgery).
(2) Prior to the adventure described in this post, I did not have a library card.
(3) I didn’t know that library cards are FREE!! (Seriously. Me = Idiot)
(4) I did NOT realize that the Little Lady could have been participating in the Library’s Summer Reading program for toddlers. Other people reading to her, entertaining her . . . twice a week. Every week. ALL. SUMMER. LONG.
(5) The Summer Reading Program ended LAST Tuesday. . . the day before I found out about the wonders of the local library.
But, there’s always the “next time,” and that time starts August 17th. That’s right. I only have to wait. . . um, I mean . . . the LITTLE LADY only has to wait a few more weeks till “Toddler Story Time” begins at our library. It’s only once a week, but it’s at least one outing a week that I can plan for . . . look forward to . . . and be excited about. (how about all of those prepositions. Woo hoo.)
I’m sure the Little Lady will enjoy it too. She certainly loved our first library trip this past Saturday. WOW, did she love it. The books were exciting, the toddler computer was the best toy ever, and the padded story-circle was the best thing to fall into EVER.