Hubby and I have talked about looking at beds. We need a new one. Why?
- I’ve had my current mattress for 10 years.
- During my first (poor) year out of college, I inherited said mattress from a friend.
- The friend inherited the mattress from another friend.
- The other friend inherited the bed from his dead parents. (true story)
- The pillow-top mattress is now longer “pillowy.” (Probably because it’s around 25 years old. Ugh.)
- My big preggo belly and Hubby’s (smallish) belly fight for space on our bed every night.
- For the past two years, despite my protests, the Little Lady has crawled into our bed every night.
- For the past week, since switching to a “Big Boy Bed,” Mr. Boy has crawled into our bed most nights.
- This ol’ bed just wasn’t made to hold 2 parents, 2 kidlets, and 1 preggo belly.
- I get crabby sharing my old, old, old bed. (really crabby)
The time has come for change . . . a change in my mattress situation.
(‘Cause, really, the more I think about it — it’s really disgusting).
I’d also like to change my sleeping partners out for a SINGLE bed-mate (preferably Hubby) . . . but, unless I just get mean and strict with the kidlets, that’s probably not going to happen.
I can’t wait for the day I have a GROWN-UP room — a beautiful, serene room — free of kidlet toys, blankies, and footed pajamas.
I would choose from my favorite sleigh beds in king and queen sizes. I’d love a plush, roomy ENORMOUS bed, although Hubby would rather I choose a cheap, queen sized bed for space and budgetary reasons.
(Budgets are such a joykill)
Either way — to have the room to stretch out in any direction and not. touch. anybody?