It’s been hard to menu-plan the past couple of months — when NOTHING sounds good (thanks to the preggo food crazies I’ve had going on) it is HARD to plan a week’s worth of meals.
Even with the Ready, Set, Eat site, which has tons of great recipes and hasn’t failed yet to please my family, it’s been hard to pick recipes to try . . . I end up having Hubby and the Little Lady help me select. So far, everything they’ve chosen has made them happy! (whew)
There have been many nights when I wanted crackers and tea. And NOTHING else.
Not anymore, my friends. Over the past week or so, I’ve noticed myself WANTING food. Yummy food. Flavorful food. Mouth-watering food.
Monday afternoon, I sat down, my favorite recipe sites open in multiple tabs, and began culling through recipes.
I got VERY hungry during this process. V.e.r.y hungry.
In the end, I think I created my best ever menu . . . not sure why it’s my best ever. It just all sounds so gooooooood. A variety of recipes — variety of meat and veggie focused dishes — a variety of vegetables. Y-U-M!!!
Menu Plan for Feb. 21 – Feb. 27
- Monday: Italian Chicken and Broccoli Packets*, Salad
- Tuesday: Bean & Cheese Tacos with sour cream & avocado, Corn on the Cob
- Wednesday: Tomato Soup, Homemade Garlic Croutons, Salad
- Thursday: Oven Fried Tilapia, Baked Potato Fries, Salad
- Friday: Polenta with Spinach and White Beans, Salad
- Saturday: Grilled Turkish Burgers, roasted sweet potatoes
- Sunday: Houston Aeros Game — no cooking for Mama!
What was your favorite thing to eat when pregnant? Anything specific I should try?