I don’t know how long it has been since I shared our menu plans here, but I know it has been MONTHS. Why did I stop? No idea … laziness, maybe? Wondering if anyone cared to see them?
Well, I’m sharing them again and the main reason for reviving Meal Planning Monday is personal convenience. It is SO much easier to head over here to see what I’ve planned and get any recipe links … much, much easier than writing it all down or printing things out.
With three kids, a dog, two fish and a husband, I’m all about convenience.
Plus, we’ve challenged ourself this month by eliminating ALL eating out/ordering in during Lent. Yup. No quick Starbucks trips … no eating out after Church … no “Oh, let’s just order Pizza” on those evenings when I’m worn out from keeping Kidlets alive and not screaming.
(the moms of toddlers and preschoolers get it)
Meal planning has become more crucial than ever during this time of Lent … to stick to our goal, I have to know what we’re going to eat and have everything ready to go for dinner.
Something new I’m trying this week is the idea notion of prepping every meal at the beginning of the week, saving yourself time in the kitchen each day and keeping you from burning out at the end of day and choosing unhealthy options. Prepping/cutting all of my vegetables ahead of time isn’t new for me, but getting EVERY meal ready to go is definintely new.
Laura, creator of Momables (a kid lunch menu-planning site/service), recently shared her plan of attack on Huffington when she showed the inside of her fridge.
First of all, yeah — CLEANEST FRIDGE EVER!!!!!!! But, her main point was to show how she spends time on Sundays getting every dinner and lunch ready to go and properly stored. It’s the most organized, radical notion I’ve ever seen.
And I’m going to try it this week. Will it really work? I’ll let you know next week!
What We Are Eating This Week
- Monday: Leftover Spaghetti with Slow-Cooker Spaghetti Sauce, Salad and homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Tuesday: Rotisserie Chicken, Strawberry-Corn Salad (a Momables recipe that will also be used for Kidlet lunches)
- Wednesday: Slow-Cooker Cube Steaks, Potatoes, Salad
- Thursday: Roasted Thai Chicken Drumsticks (a new recipe I’m working on). Peanut Butter Udon Noodles with Snow Peas
- Friday: Grilled Cheddar Jalapeno Beef Burgers, Seasoned Sweet Potato Fries, Salad
- Saturday: Leftovers
- Sunday: Curried Chicken Sliders, Salad, Crudite
Do you prep ahead of time? Any tips?