Do you ever tire of that daily — sometimes HOURLY — question?
I do. Not gonna lie. I get tired of the question being asked fifty-million times between the hours of 4-6 pm: aka “The Witching Hours.”
Mr. Boy’s reaction is always the same: “Awwwww! I HATE _______________.” And, for the record, he hates anything that isn’t oatmeal, yogurt, pancakes, waffles, or cupcakes.
(He ignores the fact that once we get him to try one bite, he realizes dinner is good. Delicious. Scrumptious, even, and worthy of gobbling up while pretending he’s liked it all along.)
But, I refuse to make two separate dinners just to avoid his pre-dinner whining. I just CAN’T. For starters, who can afford two different meals every night? Not this Mama!
Secondly, I don’t have the time to work on two meals … and third …. um, I kinda just don’t want to give in to him. Not yet, anyway.
I’m stubborn like that.
Some weeks, I just make whatever I’m craving — with the Husband’s input — and call it good. But sometimes, I compromise with the Kidlets and make dishes I know everyone will love.
Get ready, short people of my home, this is one of those weeks.
(And, thanks to some tummy problems the Little Lady is experiencing these days, everything is grain-free while we try to figure out what is triggering her issues)
What We’re Eating This Week
- Grain-free Breakfast Cookies
- Scrambled Eggs and Bacon
- N’Oatmeal (from the 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook)
- Monday: Paleo Mozzarella-Pepperoni Biscuit Bites (recipe will be posted 1/14), Pizza Sauce, fruit and veggies
- Tuesday: Ham & Cheese, Veggies & Ranch, Fruit, Grain-Free Cheese Crackers
- Wednesday: Meatloaf Balls, Veggies & Ranch, Fruit, Grain-Free Cheese Crackers
- Thursday: Pancake Muffins (a grain-free version of our “Puffins“), Veggies, Fruit, Bacon
- Friday: Ham & Cheese, Veggies & Ranch, Fruit, Grain-Free Cheese Crackers
- Monday: Zoodles (Zucchini Noodles) and Bolognese (recipe coming soon!)
- Tuesday: Chipotle-Lime Chicken; Cauliflower Rice with Avocado, Sour Cream, Cheese
- Wednesday: Grilled Garlic Shrimp; Simply Roasted Butternut Squash; Salad
- Thursday: Crustless Southwestern Hamburger Quiche (recipe in development), Salad
- Friday: Homemade Pizza Night! (whole wheat version) (paleo version)
- Saturday: Grain-Free Cool Ranch Chicken Nuggets (recipe will be posted next Tuesday), Sweet Potato Fries, Green Beans
- Sunday: Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana (recipe in development)
[exceptional-citing quoted=”rachel” template=”bubble-gray” date=”” ]What do you prepare when you’re dealing with picky ones?[/exceptional-citing]