This is the post where I meanly tease you with five new DELICIOUS and EASY recipes. See those photos above? Collectively they represent the five recipes that I worked on throughout June and July.
- Slow-Cooker Sweet n’ Spicy Wings
- Simple Chicken & Veggie Stir-Fry
- Whole Wheat Pasta al Pomodoro
- Tex-Mex Migas
- Grilled Steak and Corn Salsa over Creamed Greens
I developed and tweaked and tested (and sometimes re-tested) each recipe until it passed both the Husband and the Kidlet Taste Test … all while staying within very firm parameters: each meal can be prepped and cooked in under thirty minutes and has no more than seven ingredients.
Well, the slow-cooker wings aren’t ready in thirty minutes but the prep time before they go in the crockpot and after is under 20 minutes!!! They can cook while you put your feet up, drink some coffee and watch a USA marathon of NCIS.
(ok, so maybe that’s just my ideal afternoon)
But, I’m getting ahead of myself. This is not the week for sharing the recipes. This is not the post where I reveal how to get each of these healthy meals on your dinner table.
It isn’t time for that. Not yet.
2013 Meal Maker Challenge
For the past few years, I’ve partnered with H-E-B and ConAgra to bring you a collection of meal ideas for the back-to-school season. As always, the focus is on family-friendly and quick recipes . . . and, I have to admit, this year I am probably more excited than ever to share the recipes I’ve developed.
While I can’t give all the details away, here is how it will work:
- Each Monday in August (starting 8/5), I will share one of my five “Meal Maker Challenge” recipes.
- Each recipe will spotlight one key ingredient … an ingredient that H-E-B will carry AND promote by offering you special coupons. Bottom line? You will have a fast, yummy meal that will be even more affordable! Yay!
- This year’s featured ingredients are H-E-B Salsas, Hunt’s Tomatoes, H-E-B Natural Chicken Breasts, Egg Beaters, and Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
[exceptional-citing quoted=”rachel” template=”bubble-gray-round” date=”” ] So, get ready …. I can’t wait to start sharing these with you next week!![/exceptional-citing]