One thing that has been challenging since we removed grains is the fact I have scores of personal recipes in my arsenal — recipes that, in many cases, use different grains, pastas, flour, or breads to help make them delicious.
(excuse me …. I think I need a moment to myself)
This week, due to (1) a stockpile of beef in my deep-freeze, and (2) the Husband craving some of our old favorites, I am going to attempt serving these family-favorite recipes in new ways. And, oddly, I’m a wee bit intimidated … HOW will a French Dip Sandwich taste if it isn’t a sandwich??? How will the balance of flavors in my Curry Chicken Salad hold up without the sweet Hawaiian bread?
Guess we’ll find out!!!
What We’re Eating This Week
- Monday: (new recipe in development) Asian Beef Salad with Creamy Garlic-Ginger Dressing
- Tuesday: Slow Cooker French Dip Beef over Mashed Parsnips, Green Beans
- Wednesday: Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
- Thursday: Curry Chicken Salad served in Lettuce Cups, Roasted Asparagus
- Friday: Homemade Pizza Night
- Saturday: Grain-free Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Sunday: Leftovers
- Monday: Aidells Sausage, Carrots/Peas, Cheese Stick, Strawberries, Cashews &Pistachios
- Tuesday: Bacon Wrapped Chicken Strips, Babybel Cheese, Blueberries and Apples, Cucumbers, Carrots
- Wednesday: Applegate Salami, Gluten-Free Pretzels, Cheese Sticks, Cucumber and Carrots, Blackberries
- Thursday: (Leftovers for lunch) Roast and Cheese Quesadillas, Apples and Blueberries, Carrots and Bell Pepper Strips
- Friday: (Leftovers for lunch) Curry Chicken Salad, Nut-Thins, Babybel Cheese, Mixed Fruit, Peas and Cucumber
- Veggies and Homemade Ranch Dip
- Apples and Almond Butter
- Mixed Nuts
- Leftover Muffins