With Mr. Boy, I was a sweetly naive first time preggo. The Little Lady’s adoption, in so many ways, was a piece of CAKE compared to the trials and tribulations of being pregnant. . . hormonal . . . crazy . . . tired. . . being BIG and CUMBERSOME . . .
You get the picture.
This morning, I went through my archive of “When I Was Pregnant in 2009” posts, and WOW. I had forgotten how really insane I was. And emotional. And I had the weirdest dreams.
If you’re bored and want to laugh at the expense of someone else, here’s a glimpse of my first journey into the pregnant realm in 2009.
(you’re probably going to feel sorry for my Hubby after reading these)
- When you find out you’re pregnant, it’s not always a sweet moment and your Hubby might catch you with your pants down: The One Where I Find Out
- When you’re pregnant, you kind of get tired and lazy: I Need A Housekeeper
- When you’re pregnant, you might dream of getting milked like a cow: You Know You’re Pregnant When…
- When you’re pregnant, you have “Manly” burps and you make God laugh: Poof I Must Make God Giggle
- When you’re pregnant, you relish every little bitty development: It’s Hard Work Making Nipples
- When you’re pregnant, don’t EVER leave your bra at home: PSA: Don’t Leave Home Without It
- When you’re pregnant, you’ll start “Nesting” but your hubby won’t: My Dear Sweet Husband
- When you’re pregnant, there’s a good chance you WON’T look like a preggo supermodel: Can We Talk About Stretchmarks
- When you’re pregnant, you’ll have to teach your toddler that “Pregnant Boobies” aren’t grappling hooks: The Embarrassing Side of Toddler Education
- When you’re pregnant, the word of the day is LACTATION: Holy Cow — Emphasis on the “Cow” Part
Here’s to hoping this pregnancy is a little less “interesting.”