Tomorrow is my first day back in a classroom.
In-service is over. CPR training finished. Classroom organization complete.
It’s about to get REAL.
To say “I’m Nervous” about going back to work is an understatement. I’m anxious about getting us all ready and out the door by 8 am. I’m worried about being able to make four lunches every day … worried about having breakfast on the table for everyone … and worried about having the energy to cook dinner at the end of the day.
(I’m also a little concerned about the state of my hair, which is rebelling against me this week. Hoping my little classroom kiddos aren’t frightened by it.)
What do I do when I’m anxious? I pray and make lists. Lots and lots of lists.
Case in point? This week’s Going Back To Work Meal Plan, which got planned within an inch of its life. Every meal — down to the snacks — has been chosen and (in many cases) already prepared and put in the fridge or freezer.
Like these homemade uncrustables I made Sunday.
I might need an intervention.
What We’re Eating This Week
- Make and Freeze Breakfasts: French Toast Sticks, Whole Wheat Morning Glory Muffins, Whole Wheat Pancake Muffins; DIY Single Serve Oatmeal Bags
- Make and Freeze Lunches: PB & J Uncrustables
- Make and Freeze Snacks: Single Serve Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough; Slow-Cooker Applesauce
- Prep-Work: Wash and Cut Veggies & Fruit; Cube Cheese; divide veggies into lunch-boxes and store in fridge. Grill Chicken for Monday’s & Tuesday’s meals.
- Breakfast: Morning Glory Muffins and Milk
- Adult Lunch: Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
- Kid Lunch: Uncrustable Sandwiches, goldfish, veggies, grapes
- Snack Time: Homemade Chips and Salsa
- Dinner: Grilled Chicken Lemon Pasta, Salad
- Breakfast: Protein Smoothies
- Adult Lunch: Chicken Salad & Pita Chips, Sliced Apples, Sugar Peas & Dip
- Kid Lunch: Uncrustables, Sliced Apples, Peas & Carrots, Goldfish
- Snack-time: Kettle Corn, Milk
- Dinner: Quesadillas, Refried Beans & Rice (after dinner, package leftovers for school lunch)
- Breakfast: Whole Wheat Pancake Muffins, Milk
- Adult Lunch: Copy Cat Starbucks Protein Box
- Kid Lunch: Kidlet Protein Box — cheese, muffin, apples and almond butter, grapes
- Snack-time: Chocolate Chip Cookies, Milk
- Dinner: Slow-Cooker Cranberry Pork, Mashed Potatoes, Brussels Sprout Salad (after dinner, package leftover salad for adult lunch)
- Breakfast: Oatmeal, Milk
- Adult Lunch: Brussels Sprout Salad, Apples, Muffin
- Kid Lunch: Quesadilla, Refried Beans, Rice, Fruit
- Snack-time: Morning Glory Muffins
- Dinner: Homemade Pizza Night (after dinner, pack leftovers for Friday lunch)
- Breakfast: Yogurt & Granola Parfaits
- Adult Lunch: Leftover Pizza, Vegetables and Fruit
- Kid Lunch: Leftover Pizza, Veggie Sticks, Fruit
- Snack-time: Homemade Applesauce and Graham Crackers
- Dinner: Leftovers